Monday 5 May 2014

Lovesick

"As an apple tree among the trees of the wood,
    so is my beloved among young men.
With great delight I sat in his shadow,
    and his fruit was sweet to my taste,
He brought me to the banqueting house,
    and his banner over me was love.
Sustain me with raisins,
    refresh me with apples;
    for I am sick with love."

"I love Him.  I love Him so much that it pains me, but it is a pain for which I long. I want to pour myself out for Him as he has done for me. There is nothing I have that I would not give up for Him. He is the great love story of my life, and yet what do I do for Him? Scarcely anything purely good; much that is tainted by mixed motives; and still more that is downright selfish and sinful. Beloved, make me Yours. There is nothing I desire now but to be pleasing to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment