Saturday 5 April 2014

Opening Gambit

Introductions are difficult things at the best of times. With my hard-wired fear of change, my difficulty in switching to a new task, and my problems with communication, I generally regard them with slightly less affection than I do root canal surgery.

This particular specimen is proving a halting, mildly discouraging affair. Between each line I must pause, recollect and attempt to regain focus; distracted as I am by the hum of the fan in my PC tower and the flickering light on the router. I try to suppress - without success - the knowledge that it's gone midnight and I've yet to recite Saturday's Rosary.

Anyway... I'm Jenny. I'm autistic. I'm a Roman Catholic convert. I'm married to an atheistic lapsed-Anglican who has the patience of a saint where I am concerned. I'm hoping to study for a degree in divinity, and in the meantime I shall be studying to become a parish catechist.

Admittedly this does not constitute the most thorough of introductions, but I hope to elaborate on most of these things - probably at tedious length - in subsequent posts. I'm sure you can scarcely contain your excitement at the prospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment